Skip to main content

Obra - Katrina Halili

Congratulations to the premiere episode of Obra with Katrina Halili. The show showcased the true creative talents of Filipino artists. GMA-7 should have more of this. This is the kind of show that I surely missed since Telesine Presents. I'm not sure if I remember the title right. Years ago, GMA-7 aired every Sunday special movies made for television. They even held awards nights. Maybe, GMA7 should bring this back.

In the pilot episode of Obra (Misteryosa), Katrina Halili played a schizophrenic. In the middle of the story, I already had a hunch that Rosario and Rosanna were one because the story reminded me of "Tagos", the movie which Vilma Santos starred in. Nevertheless, I enjoyed watching the short story because of how it was directed, how the script was written, how the location set was designed, and how the visual color was filtered. It wasn't boring. Plus, all the actors played well. Truly, it was an Obra!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endless Love - A Filipino Adaptation of Autumn in My Heart

Courtesy pinoyhalo.com "Autumn in My Heart" is a Korean TV series. When GMA Network aired it on Philippine TV, it started a trend. Pinoys went gaga over Koreanovelas. GMA renamed the characters as Jenny, Johnny, and Andrew. The three Korean stars became popular in their character names rather than in their Korean screen names. GMA7 also gave it a new title - "Endless Love" - for the reason that there's no autumn in the Philippines. Today premieres once again Autumn in my Heart aka Endless Love but this time as a Filipino adaptation starring Marian Rivera, Dingdong Dantes, and Dennis Trillo. Three superstars in one show! It's surely a hit. If I were to rewrite some scenes in Autumn In My Heart In general, I enjoyed the pilot episode of Autumn In My Heart. I particularly like the scene where young Johnny and Jenny ride their bicycles on a long brick road fenced with bougainvilla bushes. I give praise to whoever found that place. The school location w...

The Final 5

Daryl Celis' rendition of "The Promise" was OK. His past two performances were better. In this episoded, Daryl talked to his dad over the phone after 4 years of not seeing him. His mom used to call him "idol" when he was a child. Gretchen Espina is a member of UP Singing Ambassadors. Kid Camaya did a vocally-good version of "Careless Whisper" by George Michael. He has around 25 siblings. Jayann Bautista was shaky at first when she sang "Finally" but recovered during the latter part. Ram Chaves, as expected, rocked again with Francis M's rap "Yugyugan". Ram's performance is the best among the five. As usual, he was confident on stage; he was performing, not competing. He has a character. He has a band called "Sutil". I would rate Ram with 5 stars (best). Kid and Jayann deserves 4.5 stars. Daryl and Gretchen, 4 stars. Indeed, they have improved a lot.

"Makapiling Kang Muli" Review

Patalastas-Hikayat (TV Plug) Impressive TV plug. Shot using a wide screen format, the cinematography was cinematic. GMA Network is good in creating TV plugs, not only in the entertainment field but also in its news and public affairs. Kaya naman, sino ang hindi maiinganyong panoorin ang pilot episode ng "Makapiling Kang Muli." Panimulang Kabanata (Pilot Episode) The pilot episode of "Makapiling Kang Muli" (aired 4 June 2012) is not exactly beyond my expectations. I was expecting na wide screen ang picture format nito. So far, maganda ang takbo ng kuwento. The pacing, editing, and cinematography satisfied my creative cravings. Isang napakaliit na bagay lang ang napuna ko - ang pagsabog ng chopper sa malayuan. Medyo hindi realistic ang dating. Sana, the substance of this drama series remain robust till the end. Napupuna ko kasi sa mga drama series, sa umpisa lang maganda. Towards the middle until the end, nawawala na ang substance ng kuwento. Nagiging sab...