Skip to main content

The Clash Best Performances

A powerhouse of voices. These singing talents are a treasure for an entertainment network. If I were GMA Network, I would keep them all to form the largest singing mix boy-girl band in the world. I would call the all-boys group BBB Ever, which stands for Biggest Boy Band Ever. I would call the all-girls group Powerhouse. Together, I would call them The Ambivalent Crowd – a singing mix band of 32 singers.



Watch it on YouTube

My Top Favorites

I have arranged the playlist based on my top favourites.

If I were a producer, I would market the girls to rival the all-girl bands in Korea. I would promote them as young and cheerful, much like K-pop, but with Pinoy fibre. The songs I have in mind are (re-arranged for the millennials, young and rhythmic):

  1. Bakit Ganyan Ang Pag-ibig by Becca Godinez
  2. Giggles by Becca Godinez
  3. Mamang Sorbetero by Celeste Legaspi
  4. Saranggola ni Pepe by Celeste Legaspi
  5. Ang Pipit by Pilita Corales
Together, I would like to hear them their version of The Coconut Song by Ryan Cayabyab. A Christmas album featuring traditional Filipino Christmas songs would be a bestseller for the group. The last time we had an album like that was in 1981 Pasko Ng Mga Bituin released by WEA Records.

What is The Clash?

The Clash is a reality TV where 60 singing contenders fight for battle to survive until one man/woman is left standing. Read more about it on Wikipedia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endless Love - A Filipino Adaptation of Autumn in My Heart

Courtesy pinoyhalo.com "Autumn in My Heart" is a Korean TV series. When GMA Network aired it on Philippine TV, it started a trend. Pinoys went gaga over Koreanovelas. GMA renamed the characters as Jenny, Johnny, and Andrew. The three Korean stars became popular in their character names rather than in their Korean screen names. GMA7 also gave it a new title - "Endless Love" - for the reason that there's no autumn in the Philippines. Today premieres once again Autumn in my Heart aka Endless Love but this time as a Filipino adaptation starring Marian Rivera, Dingdong Dantes, and Dennis Trillo. Three superstars in one show! It's surely a hit. If I were to rewrite some scenes in Autumn In My Heart In general, I enjoyed the pilot episode of Autumn In My Heart. I particularly like the scene where young Johnny and Jenny ride their bicycles on a long brick road fenced with bougainvilla bushes. I give praise to whoever found that place. The school location w...

The Final 5

Daryl Celis' rendition of "The Promise" was OK. His past two performances were better. In this episoded, Daryl talked to his dad over the phone after 4 years of not seeing him. His mom used to call him "idol" when he was a child. Gretchen Espina is a member of UP Singing Ambassadors. Kid Camaya did a vocally-good version of "Careless Whisper" by George Michael. He has around 25 siblings. Jayann Bautista was shaky at first when she sang "Finally" but recovered during the latter part. Ram Chaves, as expected, rocked again with Francis M's rap "Yugyugan". Ram's performance is the best among the five. As usual, he was confident on stage; he was performing, not competing. He has a character. He has a band called "Sutil". I would rate Ram with 5 stars (best). Kid and Jayann deserves 4.5 stars. Daryl and Gretchen, 4 stars. Indeed, they have improved a lot.

"Makapiling Kang Muli" Review

Patalastas-Hikayat (TV Plug) Impressive TV plug. Shot using a wide screen format, the cinematography was cinematic. GMA Network is good in creating TV plugs, not only in the entertainment field but also in its news and public affairs. Kaya naman, sino ang hindi maiinganyong panoorin ang pilot episode ng "Makapiling Kang Muli." Panimulang Kabanata (Pilot Episode) The pilot episode of "Makapiling Kang Muli" (aired 4 June 2012) is not exactly beyond my expectations. I was expecting na wide screen ang picture format nito. So far, maganda ang takbo ng kuwento. The pacing, editing, and cinematography satisfied my creative cravings. Isang napakaliit na bagay lang ang napuna ko - ang pagsabog ng chopper sa malayuan. Medyo hindi realistic ang dating. Sana, the substance of this drama series remain robust till the end. Napupuna ko kasi sa mga drama series, sa umpisa lang maganda. Towards the middle until the end, nawawala na ang substance ng kuwento. Nagiging sab...