Skip to main content

The Top 20

Last week, the elimination was emotional. I didn't like Drizzle to go. She was better than Sue Ellen.

I watched the performance of the top 20. Most of them rendered average performances. Yes, they can sing, but not really outstanding. Last year, Gian Magdangal was already noticeable. I am looking for that kind of performance.

Pinoy Idol is not that exciting yet compared to American Idol. It's a little bit boring. Compared to Pinoy Pop Superstar, I prefer the PPS's format where contestants can sing their pieces in full. In Pinoy Idol, one could not enjoy the performances of the contestants because each piece lasts only for seconds.

The first time I heard Maricris Garcia sang in Pinoy Pop Superstar, one could easily tell that she's good. The first time I heard the Pinoy Idol contestants, not one of them captured me like Maricris did.

For the first 4 who were eliminated, I think it was unfair to them that they were not featured individually in Pinoy Idol Extra (because they were already eliminated). Knowing the idol hopefuls individually helps a lot in casting votes. Familiarity helps.

I hope next year, GMA7 can modify the format of Pinoy Idol. Prior to the performances of the top 24, they should already be featured individually through Pinoy Idol Extra. They should also be allowed to sing their pieces in full for the audiences delight para mas madaling mag-vote. Kumbaga, yung performance night, parang highlights na lang ng mga song pieces nila. Voting should also be lengthened -- from the end of the performance up to the day before the next performance. But, only unique votes should be counted. That way, GMA7 can truly determine the number of fans each idol has. There should also be unique voting through the Internet and landlines.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Endless Love - A Filipino Adaptation of Autumn in My Heart

Courtesy pinoyhalo.com "Autumn in My Heart" is a Korean TV series. When GMA Network aired it on Philippine TV, it started a trend. Pinoys went gaga over Koreanovelas. GMA renamed the characters as Jenny, Johnny, and Andrew. The three Korean stars became popular in their character names rather than in their Korean screen names. GMA7 also gave it a new title - "Endless Love" - for the reason that there's no autumn in the Philippines. Today premieres once again Autumn in my Heart aka Endless Love but this time as a Filipino adaptation starring Marian Rivera, Dingdong Dantes, and Dennis Trillo. Three superstars in one show! It's surely a hit. If I were to rewrite some scenes in Autumn In My Heart In general, I enjoyed the pilot episode of Autumn In My Heart. I particularly like the scene where young Johnny and Jenny ride their bicycles on a long brick road fenced with bougainvilla bushes. I give praise to whoever found that place. The school location w...

The Final 5

Daryl Celis' rendition of "The Promise" was OK. His past two performances were better. In this episoded, Daryl talked to his dad over the phone after 4 years of not seeing him. His mom used to call him "idol" when he was a child. Gretchen Espina is a member of UP Singing Ambassadors. Kid Camaya did a vocally-good version of "Careless Whisper" by George Michael. He has around 25 siblings. Jayann Bautista was shaky at first when she sang "Finally" but recovered during the latter part. Ram Chaves, as expected, rocked again with Francis M's rap "Yugyugan". Ram's performance is the best among the five. As usual, he was confident on stage; he was performing, not competing. He has a character. He has a band called "Sutil". I would rate Ram with 5 stars (best). Kid and Jayann deserves 4.5 stars. Daryl and Gretchen, 4 stars. Indeed, they have improved a lot.

"Makapiling Kang Muli" Review

Patalastas-Hikayat (TV Plug) Impressive TV plug. Shot using a wide screen format, the cinematography was cinematic. GMA Network is good in creating TV plugs, not only in the entertainment field but also in its news and public affairs. Kaya naman, sino ang hindi maiinganyong panoorin ang pilot episode ng "Makapiling Kang Muli." Panimulang Kabanata (Pilot Episode) The pilot episode of "Makapiling Kang Muli" (aired 4 June 2012) is not exactly beyond my expectations. I was expecting na wide screen ang picture format nito. So far, maganda ang takbo ng kuwento. The pacing, editing, and cinematography satisfied my creative cravings. Isang napakaliit na bagay lang ang napuna ko - ang pagsabog ng chopper sa malayuan. Medyo hindi realistic ang dating. Sana, the substance of this drama series remain robust till the end. Napupuna ko kasi sa mga drama series, sa umpisa lang maganda. Towards the middle until the end, nawawala na ang substance ng kuwento. Nagiging sab...